FutureNet DASH was a schematic capture program written for IBM DOS PCs released in the early 1980s.
DASH Running on DOSBox/Windows 7
It was an extremely expensive package - over $5000 at the time - and was written in assembler. After passing through various hands the software was released as version 6.10 in a de-restricted version, and we have made it available here as a download.
You will need a DOS-based machine to run it, although we found it works on DOSBox quite well. One thing you will notice is how small a screen of 800 x 600 looks, which is what DASH used to work in, but DOSBox allows you to enlarge the screen size.
Refer to the DOSBox web site and help pages for more information.
DASHCON Displaying Same File
File Viewer and ConverterWe have made a simple Windows program which can be used to view DASH .DWG format files. It will also save drawings as PNG images or PDF files.
This software is offered as-is, with no guarantees or support, but it has been tested on Windows 10, Windows 7 and XP machines and will require .Net 3.5 or greater. Let us know if it works for you.
Click here to download the following:
Load on to your DOSBox and type FN to run the DASH program. Type 'help' in the program to get help with the commands.
Refer to the DOXBox documentation for help and instructions
Download ZIP, save contents to a folder, then click setup.exe to install
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.